Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I hope everyone got to see the moon, Venus and Jupiter on Monday night. Very cool. I couldn't resist stopping on my drive home to snap this picture of the 3 planets over the Potomac. I absolutely love my drive to my day job since we moved (from Fredericksburg, VA to Alexandria , VA) about 8 months ago. I used to commute by train a total of 3 hours a day, now it's a quick 10 minute trip down the GW Parkway past Mount Vernon and along the river to work. A few weeks ago, I saw 2 bald eagles wrangling over a fish in the morning fog. It was pretty amazing, and the sunsets are always spectacular. As you can see, this one was a brilliant orange line under the deep blue clouds. Anyway, I'm off to fulfill one of my husband's Christmas presents, seeing the Dan Band at the 9:30 Club. It should be a good time, we're meeting a few of his friends there and I'm sure will be shouting the words to cheesy girl power ballads sprinkled with obscenities along with the rest of the crowd after a beer or two!

2 comments:

What he ate, what I ate. said...

I love your work and I'm so happy to have stumbled upon your blog! I just posted about you on mine.

Art Shark Designs said...

thanks so much! I love your blog!