Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Yay, the Christmas card is done!

One less thing is off my plate for the holidays! Maybe now I can get to some shopping. I've been picking up small things here and there, mostly from Etsy. I got my husband a few prints from John Golden's shop- the "Belongs to You" and "Beats for You". We have a brown bedroom (from the previous owners, Dev likes it so I agreed to keep it brown for awhile but really I am just dying to paint it blue like nearly every other wall in my house), so I thought the red hearts would pop nicely. I also got my sister a bracelet (and myself a turquoise bead necklace which I LOVE) from dorelabear. I know Dev got me a bunch of stuff from Etsy as well, but I don't know what yet (despite my best efforts). I do love these squirrel vases from Pretty Random Objects, which I think are very fitting for a DC girl such as myself, since we have so many squirrels here!


I'm also working on my next few prints: Baltimore, Boston, and another DC. I'm still in the sketching phase of all 3, which I use to help me decide what view I want to use, perspective, etc. They're not much to look at right now, but I thought I'd upload them to show a bit of my process, since I do spend a lot of time coming up with the final designs. It doesn't always come as easy as I'd like to get a view that people (both tourists and locals of a particular city) will recognize and enjoy, to get a feel for the city as best I can, and to get a view tall and thin enough to accomodate the size constraints of gocco that will also make the people in the view a relatively similar size in all of the prints. And to make it pretty and all. So, here are my (very preliminary) sketches for B-more, Boston and DC:




So, I'm pretty excited to make the more detailed drawings and get them in the shop soon (I hope). Also, here are some gift tags I made today to go with my gift wrap, inspired by, of course, Rory.
Now it's time to go home and set up my new drying rack and drafting table!

No comments: